Effective as of December 3, 2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through your use of the Site and Services, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, relates to you as an identifiable individual or, that along with other information, could identify you (“Personal Information”). We collect the following types of Personal Information:
Information You Provide
We may collect the following Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Get Started. When you register to get started, you will provide us with your name, email address, telephone number, and additional information regarding what you are interested in.
- Careers. When you apply for a job, you will provide us with your name, email address, and telephone number. Additionally, you will be asked to provide a resume/CV, the desired city, how you heard about the job, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Legislator Lookup. When you use our legislator lookup, you will provide us with your physical address.
- Lobbying Registration Alerts. When you register for our lobbying registration alerts, you will provide us with your name, email address, and telephone number.
- Interest List. When you sign up for our interest list, you will provide us with your email address.
- Blog. If you subscribe to our blog, we will require you to provide your email address. If you share a blog post on a social media platform, we may collect the information that you post. If you post a comment to the blog, we may collect that information as well as your name, email address, and website. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share Personal Information that you would like to keep private.
- Live Chat. When you interact with our Live Chat, you may provide us with Personal Information, such as your name and email address.
- Email Blasts. When you use GovPredict Email Blasts you will provide your email address and password.
- Interact with our Site or Services. When you log-in to your account, send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you may need to provide us with your log-in information, name and/or email address.
Information as You Navigate Our Site
We automatically collect certain Personal Information through your use of the Site and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We collect information automatically through your use of the Site and Services, such as which of the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. W e collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we collect aggregated information about whether you are accessing the Site via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier.
Information Provided About a Third Party
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Site, and to protect our legal rights. Specifically, we may use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Process your account registration;
- Review your job application;
- Process your legislator lookup;
- Email you our lobbying registration alerts;
- Email you invitations to attend Hill Day events;
- Email you our blog posts;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
- Provide support;
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With service providers who perform data services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.). Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information;
- To service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information;
- To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose Personal Information obtained through our Site or Services to any non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Site and Services to your individual needs;
- Advertise new content and services that relate to your interests on the Site or third-party websites;
- Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
- Recognize when you return to the Site.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
There is currently no industry agreed upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, the Site does not respond differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal.
CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Access, correct, or view your information. You may use your GovPredict account to access, correct, or view certain Personal Information we have collected and which is associated with your account, such as your phone number, title, email, and password. To access or change your name, organization, email, or address please contact GovPredict at email@example.com.
- Unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from certain emails from us, including our Blog or Lobbying Registration emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from children under 13.
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada
law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.